Frequently Asked Questions
What is Edapt?
Edapt is networking app that introduces international students with Local mentors and co-travelers based on the location and preference to help them have someone by their side during the transitional phase.
Who are the mentors?
Mentors could be senior students from same college / University or Alumni of abroad education consultancies or people from various communities with valid ID proofs and are willing to assist students in their initial settlement in a foreign land.
Do Mentors Charge Fees?
Mentors do charge minimal amount of fees for the time and efforts invested by them in helping students settle down hassle-free.
What is a role of a Mentor?
Mentor’s role is to support new international students in their very need upon arrival. Mentor provides assistance and hand holding in accomodation hunt, Banking setups Government IDs, Local Transportation passes , SIM cards & Internet and initial Grocery etc.
How do I hire a mentor as a student?
Hiring a mentor is quick and easy.
- Interact with local experts on the dashboard
- Ask your concerns
- Understand the services & fees
- Register for the mentor of your choice
- Pay the fees
- Congrats ! You are enrolled for the services
How will a Mentor assist a student in Accommodation hunting?
- Student can shortlist 3 accommodation options of his choice & budget
- Mentor verifies properties & amenities
- Initiates deal with landlord / property manager
- Connects student with landlord / property manager to take the deal forward
- Assists in presenting documents to landlord
- Mentor also offers vacant accomodations if any
- If mentor fails to get student accomodation, 80 CAD refund will be processed in 7 working days. (Refund is initiated only when student decides not to stay in accommodation provided or assisted by mentor)
What are the other things to consider in accommodation assistance?
Please note that the Mentor’s role is to assist & guide student in the overall process. Although, The Mentors are not supposed to give only telephonic guidance and will be verifying the shortlisted properties personally or with students, there are a few things students need to consider and they are :
- Getting a specific Accommodation depends on availability
- Rent depends on the location & amenities
- Rent of properties with similar amenities & location may also vary
- Mentor’s can not negotiate the rent & contract terms set by landlord
- Renting accomodation to specific candidate is entirely landlord’s decision
- Giving reference letter to student is Mentor’s decision
- All the requested documents need to be uploaded by student in time
- Mentor can suggest accommodation in some cases
- Mentor’s role for accommodation assistance ends when student starts living in accommodation provided
- Students must contact landlord / property managers for any assistance needed about the property
- Refund is initiated only when student decides not to stay in accommodation provided or assisted by mentor
- Edapt is just a platform to introduce students and mentors to each other
- We do not intervene in accommodation issues arising at any stage.
How are the other services facilitated by a mentor?
Mentor provides hand holding to a student in completing services included in the package selected. Mentor will ask students to assemble at one particular place individually or in group. He will assist students in documentation and fees (if any) for every service that needs to completed. Please note Package fees are mentors consultation & assistance fees and all other document related prices are to paid by the students. For example : Prices for the Transportation pass , SIM card & Internet etc.
Can a student Change mentor selected?
Mentor can be changed for following reasons :
- Poor Service
- No response
- Improper Treatment
- Other valid concerns
Edapt holds the rights to approve the change decision after carefully evaluating the case.
Will students’ money be lost if mentor selected does not offer any service to student after registration?
Definitely Not !
Edapt does not release the money to mentors immediately upon hiring and acts as an escrow account between two parties. Money is reversed within 7-10 business days if no service is provided to student.
What if student does not need few services from Large Package?
Packages are designed by keeping generic needs of students in mind and no customization is offered at this point of time. If Students willfully get some services done by himself without taking help from a mentor, He is not qualified for the refund. Refund will be considered only if mentor does not offer particular service due to unavailability.
How much time does it take to complete all the services?
Ideally all the services are given to students by mentors in first week itself depending upon availability of both the parties.
Who is a co-traveller?
Co-travellers are other like-minded students travelling to same country, same city for the same intake. You can chat with them, be friends , book apartment together to live like a family.